As this website develops and I am able to respond to questions, I'll post here resources that intended parents may find useful as they plan their own surrogacy journeys. Topics on which I intend to post resources include, among others:
- understanding costs and budgeting for egg donor surrogacy in the USA
- who's who in the world of egg donor surrogacy in the USA
- understanding healthcare insurance and medical costs in the USA
- ethical considerations that intended parents should bear in mind
- matching with an egg donor and surrogate
- keeping perspective on the process
Costs and Budgeting: Understanding the costs and being able to budget for an egg donor surrogacy journey if one of the post important questions many intended parents have. It was certainly one of our top concerns as we began our journey. Check out my article "Budgeting for Baby" in Issue 9 (Autumn 2015) of We Are Magazine http://www.wearefamilymagazine.co.uk where I explain what comprises the total costs, how certain decisions influence costs, and some suggestions on how to control costs. Shortly I'll also be releasing a fuller guide, "The A to Z of US Egg Donor Surrogacy Costs", with a sample excel budget spreadsheet for intended parents to use.